Buy Fiction, Non-Fiction Books & e-books from Headline Publishing
Our books

The Year of Saying Yes The Complete Novel

By Hannah Doyle
Authors:
Hannah Doyle
THE YEAR OF SAYING YES was originally published as a four-part serial. This is the complete story!'Prepare yourself readers, you will be in hysterics in laughter until your belly hurts. I FREAKING LOVED THIS ... I feel like I have reunited with my old love. *happily sighs*' A Crave For Books Blog 'Move over Bridget Jones there's a new girl in town!' Goodreads reviewer 'Watch out Lindsey Kelk, someone is toppling you' Dreaming With Open Eyes Blog If you loved HOT MESS by Lucy Vine, MY NOT SO PERFECT LIFE by Sophie Kinsella and THE KICKING THE BUCKET LIST by Cathy Hopkins - this one's for you! Dear ReadersIt's drizzling outside, which totally matches my #currentmood. Pigs in blankets, all the mince pies and a festive Baileys or five are distant memories. You know the drill - it's January. Everyone's banning booze (terrible idea) or cutting carbs (impossible). To add to the misery pile, my plans to seduce the man of my dreams at the stroke of midnight flopped spectacularly.I'm Izzy. I don't just need a New Year resolution, I need a whole new life. And I need YOU. My dreary life is about to get a total makeover - it's my 'Year of Saying Yes'. And this is where you come in. It's up to you to #DareIzzy. I'm saying yes to your challenges, no matter how nuts, adventurous or wild they are. The sky's the limit - I'm at your mercy, readers!Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.LoveIzzy xHannah Doyle's THE YEAR OF SAYING YES will make you dirty-laugh, feel warm and fuzzy, and rediscover life's magic - all thanks to one little word: 'yes'. Readers love THE YEAR OF SAYING YES: 'A hilarious read' Bella magazine'The most excellent and humorous book I have read in a very long time' Dreaming With Open Eyes'I loved loved this book, it was fun, hilarious and witty' Escapades of a Bookworm'SO good ... full of laugh-out-loud moments' On My Bookshelf'A bundle of laughs' The Book Magnet'4% in, I was already laughing out loud and snorting ... the other 96% just kept getting better' The Writing Garnet'A fabulous and fun read' By The Letter Book Reviews'A hilarious, light hearted read' BrizzleLass Books'A breath of fresh air, that made me laugh and smile the whole way through... I will be telling anyone who will listen to me, just how great this story really is' Kelly's Book Corner 'Hannah Doyle's witty writing had me hook, line and sinker' Shaz's Book Blog'I highly encourage everyone to pick up this story' Alba In Bookland 'Ultimate beach read' Reveal magazine'This is a laugh out loud level of funny ... an all around fun book to read ' Rachel's Random Reads Blog'Prepare yourself readers you will be in hysterics in laughter until your belly hurts' A Crave For Books Blog'Wow! I'm absolutely blown away!' Jessica's Book Biz Blog'Omg there is a new Bridget Jones in town!' Claire Loves To Read blog
  • More
  • The Year of Saying Yes Part 4

    By Hannah Doyle
    Authors:
    Hannah Doyle
    'Funny, modern and motivational, The Year of Saying Yes is the kick-up-the-backside feel-good read we all could do with! LOVED IT. #yessquad' Lisa DickensonTHE YEAR OF SAYING YES by Hannah Doyle will make you dirty-laugh, feel warm and fuzzy, and rediscover life's magic - all thanks to one little word: yes. Fans of Mhairi McFarlane's WHO'S THAT GIRL, Sophie Kinsella's MY NOT SO PERFECT LIFE, Anna Bell's THE BUCKET LIST TO MEND A BROKEN HEART and Joanna Bolouri's THE LIST, you're in for a real treat.Dear Readers The time has come... It's the final part of my 'Year of Saying Yes'. Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes. #EmoshAfter my crushing heartbreak, New Izzy has bounced back and is stronger than ever:- I learned to be honest with myself (cue shocking public confession)- I stood up for all of womankind - take that, cheating ex!- Something spectacular and magical and wonderful happened - that's all I'll reveal on the matter for now ;) What a hell of a year it's been. I've had highs, I've had lows, I've flashed my boobs to a crowd of 500 (but let's not dwell on that...) If I've learned anything it's that life is about taking chances. Now it's over to you - join me in saying yes! You never know what surprises life might have in store for you...Love, as always, Izzy xxEveryone is loving THE YEAR OF SAYING YES: 'Hilarious' Bella magazine'The most excellent and humorous book I have read in a very long time' Dreaming With Open Eyes'Fun, hilarious and witty' Escapades of a Bookworm'SO good, so hilarious, so light-hearted and full of laugh-out-loud moments' On My Bookshelf'A bundle of laughs from the very first page' The Book Magnet'4% in, I was already laughing out loud and snorting ... the other 96% just kept getting better' The Writing Garnet'Fabulous and fun' By The Letter Book Reviews'A hilarious, light hearted read' BrizzleLass Books'A breath of fresh air, that made me laugh and smile the whole way through' Kelly's Book Corner 'Had me hook, line and sinker' Shaz's Book Blog'I highly encourage everyone to pick up this story (say yes to it!)' Alba In Bookland
    • More
  • The Year of Saying Yes Part 3

    By Hannah Doyle
    Authors:
    Hannah Doyle
    Join Izzy in Part 3 of the THE YEAR OF SAYING YES. The complete novel is now also available to buy.'Funny, modern and motivational, The Year of Saying Yes is the kick-up-the-backside feel-good read we all could do with! LOVED IT. #yessquad' Lisa DickensonTHE YEAR OF SAYING YES by Hannah Doyle will make you dirty-laugh, feel warm and fuzzy, and rediscover life's magic - all thanks to one little word: yes. Fans of Mhairi McFarlane's WHO'S THAT GIRL, Sophie Kinsella's MY NOT SO PERFECT LIFE, Anna Bell's THE BUCKET LIST TO MEND A BROKEN HEART and Joanna Bolouri's THE LIST, you're in for a real treat.Dear ReadersAhoy there! Welcome to Part Three of my 'Year of Saying Yes' which is shaping up to be a corker. I've been chock-a-block with your dares:- I'm now a health guru (I officially know what an 'alfafa sprout' is... bow before me)- I faced my fears and shared my wisdom with others #realtalk- After years of resenting Princess Perfect Pants - aka my sister, Olivia - we finally made up. In Paris, no less. Très bon!But it hasn't all been green smoothies and gadding about in gay Paris. There I was, floating on Cloud Nine with the man I thought was my dream guy until I crashed down to earth with a big fat bump when I discovered a big fat secret. Ouch.But don't fear, ye of little faith! New Izzy is made of tough stuff. Right?LoveIzzy xx Stay tuned! Up next Izzy says yes to her hardest challenges yet. She learns to be brutally honest, sassy as hell , and brave in matters of the heart... Everyone is loving THE YEAR OF SAYING YES: 'Hilarious' Bella magazine'The most excellent and humorous book I have read in a very long time' Dreaming With Open Eyes'Fun, hilarious and witty' Escapades of a Bookworm'SO good, so hilarious, so light-hearted and full of laugh-out-loud moments' On My Bookshelf'A bundle of laughs from the very first page' The Book Magnet'4% in, I was already laughing out loud and snorting ... the other 96% just kept getting better' The Writing Garnet'Fabulous and fun' By The Letter Book Reviews'A hilarious, light hearted read' BrizzleLass Books'A breath of fresh air, that made me laugh and smile the whole way through' Kelly's Book Corner 'Had me hook, line and sinker' Shaz's Book Blog'I highly encourage everyone to pick up this story (say yes to it!)' Alba In Bookland
    • More
  • The Year of Saying Yes Part 2

    By Hannah Doyle
    Authors:
    Hannah Doyle
    Join Izzy in Part 2 of the THE YEAR OF SAYING YES. The complete novel is also available to buy now.'Funny, modern and motivational, The Year of Saying Yes is the kick-up-the-backside feel-good read we all could do with! LOVED IT. #yessquad' Lisa DickensonTHE YEAR OF SAYING YES by Hannah Doyle will make you dirty-laugh, feel warm and fuzzy, and rediscover life's magic - all thanks to one little word: yes. Fans of Mhairi McFarlane's WHO'S THAT GIRL, Sophie Kinsella's MY NOT SO PERFECT LIFE, Anna Bell's THE BUCKET LIST TO MEND A BROKEN HEART and Joanna Bolouri's THE LIST, you're in for a real treat.Dear ReadersWelcome back! It's Izzy (or should I say New Izzy) reporting for duty. It's time for Part Two of my 'Year of Saying Yes'.Thanks to your amazing challenges and fabulous feedback, I've been up to all sorts over the past few months. Drumroll please... - I asked a total stranger for his number (what can I say, he was hot and wearing a pirate's hat)- I modelled for a life drawing class (yes, starkers!)- And somehow I performed on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury *gulp*All this gallivanting around means that the new, improved me is in full flow. And guess what? For the first time in forever I have an actual LOVE LIFE, with a real-life man! But in between the fun and frolics there's been a whole lot of #drama.Buckle up, guys, we're in for a bumpy ride...LoveIzzy xDon't miss the next dose of THE YEAR OF SAYING YES! In Part 3 Izzy faces her fears, becomes a culinary queen and reconnects with her frenemy.Everyone is loving THE YEAR OF SAYING YES: 'Hilarious' Bella magazine'The most excellent and humorous book I have read in a very long time' Dreaming With Open Eyes'Fun, hilarious and witty' Escapades of a Bookworm'SO good, so hilarious, so light-hearted and full of laugh-out-loud moments' On My Bookshelf'A bundle of laughs from the very first page' The Book Magnet'4% in, I was already laughing out loud and snorting ... the other 96% just kept getting better' The Writing Garnet'Fabulous and fun' By The Letter Book Reviews'A hilarious, light hearted read' BrizzleLass Books'A breath of fresh air, that made me laugh and smile the whole way through' Kelly's Book Corner 'Had me hook, line and sinker' Shaz's Book Blog'I highly encourage everyone to pick up this story (say yes to it!)' Alba In Bookland
    • More
  • The Year of Saying Yes Part 1

    By Hannah Doyle
    Authors:
    Hannah Doyle
    'Watch out Lindsey Kelk, someone is toppling you' Dreaming With Open Eyes Blog'Funny, modern and motivational... LOVED IT' Lisa DickensonTHE YEAR OF SAYING YES by Hannah Doyle will make you dirty-laugh, feel warm and fuzzy, and rediscover life's magic - all thanks to one little word: yes. Fans of Lucy's Vine's HOT MESS, Cathy Hopkins's THE KICKING THE BUCKET LIST, Suzy K Quinn's THE BAD MOTHER'S DIARY and Fiona Gibson's THE WOMAN WHO MET HER MATCH you're in for a real treat.Dear ReadersIt's drizzling outside, which totally matches my #currentmood. Pigs in blankets, all the mince pies and a festive Baileys or five are distant memories. You know the drill - it's January. Everyone's banning booze (terrible idea) or cutting carbs (impossible). To add to the misery pile, my plans to seduce the man of my dreams at the stroke of midnight flopped spectacularly.I'm Izzy. I don't just need a New Year resolution, I need a whole new life. And I need YOU. My dreary life is about to get a total makeover - it's my 'Year of Saying Yes'. And this is where you come in. It's up to you to #DareIzzy. I'm saying yes to your challenges, no matter how nuts, adventurous or wild they are. The sky's the limit - I'm at your mercy, readers!Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.LoveIzzy xAfter reading Part 1 of this hilarious rom-com for FREE, follow the rest of Izzy's adventures by getting the WHOLE complete novel for just £1.99! Reviewers are loving THE YEAR OF SAYING YES: 'A hilarious read' Bella magazine'The most excellent and humorous book I have read in a very long time' Dreaming With Open Eyes'I loved loved this book, it was fun, hilarious and witty' Escapades of a Bookworm'SO good, so hilarious, so light-hearted and full of laugh-out-loud moments' On My Bookshelf'A bundle of laughs from the very first page' The Book Magnet'Anyone who is a fan of Lindsey Kelk and Jane Costello's earlier books will love The Year of Saying Yes' Rea's Book Reviews'4% in, I was already laughing out loud and snorting ... the other 96% just kept getting better' The Writing Garnet'A fabulous and fun read' By The Letter Book Reviews'A hilarious, light hearted read and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on Part 2' BrizzleLass Books'A breath of fresh air, that made me laugh and smile the whole way through... I will be telling anyone who will listen to me, just how great this story really is' Kelly's Book Corner 'Hannah Doyle's witty writing had me hook, line and sinker' Shaz's Book Blog'I highly encourage everyone to pick up this story (say yes to it!)' Alba In Bookland
    • More
  • You Can't Hide (The Chicago Series Book 4)

    By Karen Rose
    Authors:
    Karen Rose
    He's there. Stalking you. Killing for you. YOU CAN'T HIDE is a nail-biting thriller from bestselling author Karen Rose, and part of the Chicago series. Someone is tormenting psychiatrist Tess Ciccotelli's patients, pushing them to commit suicide and setting her up to take the blame. But even police pressure won't make her break her oath to protect their secrets. Detective Aidan Reagan understands Tess's need to safeguard her clients but all the clues suggest that a faceless enemy is set on destroying her career, her family and, finally, Tess herself. As Reagan and Tess race to stop the killer, the noose is tightening around Tess's neck and there is nowhere for her to go...
    • More

    A Year in the Life of Downton Abbey (companion to series 5)

    By Jessica Fellowes
    Authors:
    Jessica Fellowes
    It's 1924 and there have been many changes in the world of Downton Abbey since we were first welcomed by the family and their servants twelve years ago. A generation of men has been tragically lost at the front, there are once again children breathing new life into the great house, a chauffeur now sits at the Grantham dinner table and hems are up by several inches.Yet despite all of this unsettling upheaval, it is a comfort to find that many things at Downton remain largely unchanged. There are still parties to be thrown, summer fetes to be organised, menus to be planned and farms to be run. Join us, then, as we explore the seasonal events and celebrations of the great estate - Christmas, Easter, the debutante season, the hunt and more - and peer with us through the prism of the house as we learn more about the lives of our favourite characters, the actors who play them, and those who create the world we love so much.Packed full of exclusive new photography and brimming with traditional British recipes for each calendar month, such as Eton mess and sloe gin, this beautiful book takes us on a fascinating journey through a year in the life of Downton Abbey.
    • More

    Yours, E.R.

    By Terence Blacker
    Authors:
    Terence Blacker
    The Queen is the most iconic figure in modern Britain. For more than sixty years she has been on every stamp, every coin, and starred in every one of our Christmas days. But how well do we really know our beloved monarch?Her Majesty has written a letter to her most trusted private secretary, Sir Jeremy, every week for several years. For the first time, she has allowed these letters to be published. Honest, charming, and hilarious, they show what she has really been thinking: about her mischievous grandson Harry, her beloved baby great-grandson George, the press, Dame Helen Mirren, and the various politicians she has known over the years. Yours E.R. offers a glimpse into what life might be like for our Queen - and what, in her private moments, she might make of it all.
    • More
  • You Belong To Me (The Baltimore Series Book 1)

    By Karen Rose
    Authors:
    Karen Rose
    A killer is branding his victims with numbers. How many will he kill before he's stopped? YOU BELONG TO ME is a fantastic thriller from bestselling author Karen Rose, and the first novel in her Baltimore series. When forensic pathologist Lucy Trask stumbles across a mutilated body in her local Baltimore park, its face unrecognisable, her sole concern is that it might be her old school teacher Mr Pugh. But the victim is actually another man from her past. Who killed him and why he was left for Lucy to find is unclear but what appears to be a number "1" burned into his back indicates that this corpse won't be the killer's last victim. When a second branded body is discovered, Detective JD Fitzpatrick and Lucy are forced to ask themselves how many more lives are at risk. Can they solve the killer's gruesome puzzle before his thirst for revenge is complete?
    • More

    Yesterday's Shadows

    By Rosie Goodwin
    Authors:
    Rosie Goodwin
    A powerful and moving new saga from this popular authorKate Cleary feels no sorrow when her brutal father dies. At last she will be free from him, even though she and Nuala, the sister who depends on her for everything, must now leave his miners cottage. Then Kate discovers they have an aunt in the Midlands whom their father had kept secret, and who now offers them a home. Despite leaving her heart in Durham with Matthew, a young artist, Kate feels loved and safe with Aunt Beth. But her peace is shattered by an astonishing revelation from Nuala, and a series of brutal attacks on the women of Nuneaton. Kate turns to a handsome widower, Martin Denby, but is his kindness too good to be true?
    • More

    Young, Loaded and Fabulous

    By Kate Kingsley
    Authors:
    Kate Kingsley
    Addictive, scandalous and glamorous new fiction series for sophisticated teens. London socialites Alice Rochester and Natalya Abbot are glamorous, sexy, spoilt and only sixteen. When they're not at their prestigious private school, St. Cecilias, just outside London (where they rub shoulders with the children of Europe's elite), they can be found partying in London's private members clubs or jetting off to the most sophisticated European cities. Alice and Tally have ruled, undisputed, at the top of St. Cecilias' social hierarchy since their arrival at the school three years ago. But now trouble is brewing; friendships with boys are getting complicated and sparking jealousies between the girls, and, to make matters worse, a thoroughly unwelcome American girl has just arrived.
    • More

    You've Been Warned

    By James Patterson, Howard Roughan
    Authors:
    James Patterson, Howard Roughan
    Fear is just the beginning...Kristin Burns has lived her life by the philosophy, 'don't think, just shoot' - pictures that is. Struggling to make ends meet, she works full time as nanny to the fabulously wealthy Turnbull family, looking after their two children and waiting for her life as a New York fashion photographer to begin.But Kristin has a major distraction: forbidden love. The man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. Kristin ignores all signs of catastrophe brewing, and she can only dismiss the warnings for so long...
    • More

    You Stole My Heart Away

    By Joan Jonker
    Authors:
    Joan Jonker
    Molly Bennett and Nellie McDonough are very happy with their lot in life. Their expanding families and abundance of friends always keep them busy. And as they walk arm in arm to the shops every day they are greeted with warmth by their neighbours, for wherever they go they bring fun and laughter with them. Their rock-solid friendship has lasted over twenty years and never once have Molly and Nellie fallen out. The two best mates love a bit of excitement so when they learn there is a wedding in the offing which will bring the Bennett, McDonough and Corkhill families even closer...
    • More

    The Year of the Cobra (Akhenaten Trilogy, Book 3)

    By Paul Doherty
    Authors:
    Paul Doherty
    The young Pharoah Tutankhamun is unwell, but there is no heir apparent. Egypt's enemies, the Hittites, are advancing through Canaan, and Ay - First Minister of Akenhaten, father of Nefertiti, brother of Queen Tiye - still plots, like the spider he is. The web is woven, the traps set...
    • More

    Yesterday's Friends

    By Pamela Evans
    Authors:
    Pamela Evans
    One blissful night of romance at an end-of-term party in the summer of 1951 changed the course of Ruth Brooks' life for ever. The brightest girl in her class, Ruth had planned to attend college but the realisation that she was pregnant forced her to abandon all hopes of a career. Now, five years later, she still lives in Shepherd's Bush with her parents, twin brothers and daughter, Jenny. Conscious of a need to make ends meet, Ruth works as a shop assistant at the local chemist while her mother looks after Jenny. Ruth's best friend Kitty bitterly resents what has happened, but never once does Ruth regret the outcome of that magical night. And the joy that Jenny brings is ample reward for the sacrifices she has made. Ruth meets someone new and tries to put the past behind her, but yesterday's friends have an uncanny way of catching up with her and when her father turns up unexpectedly, Ruth's world is thrown into confusion once again...
    • More
    1