Please take a moment to review Hachette Book Group's updated Privacy Policy: read the updated policy here.

open submissions

An Update on Open Submissions

Hi everybody, Thanks so much for sending in your submissions, it’s incredibly exciting to think we could find something amazing in the material we’ve received. We just wanted to update everyone that we are diligently […]

Read More
Related Categories: Gollancz News, Writing, Writing Tips

The Beast’s Heart: the open submissions journey

OK, so the writer is me and this third-person thing is weird. So I might ditch that for now. But let me reassure you in the best tradition of Peter Falk’s Grandpa in The Princess […]

Read More
Related Categories: Books, Hodderscape Posts

Acquisition Announcement: The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross

Little did we know the magnitude of the creative wave the Open Submissions announcement would unleash. We were honoured to receive a total of 1,445 submissions comprising nearly twenty-two million words in all – that’s […]

Read More
Related Categories: Books, Hodderscape Posts, News

Open Submissions 2015: FINAL UPDATE

What if I never heard from you about my submission? If you submitted during the open submissions period only, and you received a response from us telling you that we have received and logged your […]

Read More
Related Categories: Books, Hodderscape Posts, News
Related Tags:

Writing Tips

The most important thing for you to keep in mind is that for every tip or rule we suggest, there are a million examples of writers doing the opposite and doing it incredibly well. What you […]

Read More
Related Categories: Books, Fun Stuff, Hodderscape Posts

Open submissions: May Update

First: the numbers. We have officially responded to about 95% of all novels that were submitted to us last August. The Hodderscape team have not yet made their final decisions about the remaining 5% of submissions. Last […]

Read More
Related Categories: Hodderscape Posts, News
Related Tags:

Open Submissions: March 2016 update

The long and the short of it is this: If you haven’t heard from us yet then we are still considering your manuscript. Please be patient with us as we cross this final submissions hurdle! […]

Read More
Related Categories: Fun Stuff, Hodderscape Posts
Related Tags:

Hodderscape Open Submissions: Update

We’ve read more than three quarters of the submissions now, and have gotten in touch with many of you already, but unfortunately we have not yet managed to read and respond to everyone. We won’t […]

Read More
Related Categories: Books, Hodderscape Posts, News
Related Tags:

Open Submissions – an update

As of our open submissions deadline, we received a grand total of 1,445 submissions. A small army of readers has steadily been marching through, reading and considering each submission. As of today, we’ve read nearly […]

Read More
Related Categories: Hodderscape Posts, News
Related Tags:

Open Submissions: The Guidelines!

What we’re looking for: We publish a wonderful, exciting, diverse list of SFF here at Hodder – and we’re always on the lookout for new talent. Specifically, we are looking for novels (50,000 words or […]

Read More
Related Categories: Hodderscape Posts, News

We use cookies to enhance your visit to us. By using our website you agree to our use of these cookies. Find out more.