Under the Olive Tree is a stunning and user-friendly collection of delicious Greek family recipes from Irini Tzortzoglou, the reigning champion of MasterChef UK. Including accessible, everyday dishes for the home cook, as well as an entertaining section full of Irini’s tips and tricks for when you have a little more time or want to impress your guests.
Not only is Irini a fabulous cook, but she is a great teacher who cannot wait to show readers the dishes of her beloved homeland. With over 80 recipes, from breakfasts to quick dinners via salads full of sunshine, and on to feasting for Christmas, Easter and dinner parties, this cookbook is Irini’s celebration of Greece.
‘These recipes represent me as a cook and diner in that I like to experiment a little in putting flavours together, mixing classic combinations with my own touches.’
* Chickpea and cumin fritters with a lemon and coriander yoghurt dip
* Cured salmon with star anise, yoghurt and ouzo cream, cucumber and fennel salad
* Aubergine filled with bulgar, sultanas, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts
* Braised Octopus in Red Wine with Sweetcorn Puree and Pepper Salsa
* My moussaka with beef, aubergine and red pepper sauce
* Slow-roasted lamb with herbs, lemon, mustard and honey
* Olive Oil, Almond and Candied Orange Baklava