Under the Olive Tree is a stunning and user-friendly collection of delicious Greek family recipes from Irini Tzortzoglou, the reigning champion of MasterChef UK. Including accessible, everyday dishes for the home cook, as well as an entertaining section full of Irini’s tips and tricks for when you have a little more time or want to impress your guests.
Not only is Irini a fabulous cook, but she is a great teacher who cannot wait to show readers the dishes of her beloved homeland. With over 80 recipes, from breakfasts to quick dinners via salads full of sunshine, and on to feasting for Christmas, Easter and dinner parties, this cookbook is Irini’s celebration of Greece.
‘These recipes represent me as a cook and diner in that I like to experiment a little in putting flavours together, mixing classic combinations with my own touches.’
Recipes include: * Sunshine Salad of Golden Beetroot, Orange and Fennel
* Warming Bean and Carrot Soup with Cretan Sausage
* Oven Baked Omelette with Butternut Squash, Feta and French Bean
* Sea Bass Fillet with a Herbed Tomato Sauce and Minted Courgettes
* Roast Chicken with Root Vegetables and Chickpea Salad
* Olive Oil, Almond and Candied Orange Baklava
* Quick Plum Jam and Cinnamon Tart