Is your daughter 14? Are you struggling to know what’s going on inside her head? Are you worried?
This is the book that can help you understand how she’s feeling, what she’s thinking and what you need to do to help her navigate her tricky teens to grow and become a fabulous woman.
BEING 14 gives a voice to every teen girl. Madonna King has interviewed 200 14-year-old girls, talked to successful school teachers, psychologists, CEOs, police and neuroscientists to reveal the social, psychological and physical challenges every 14-year-old girl is facing today.
– How much independence do they need?
– What is the power of a friendship group?
– How do you help build self-confidence?
– Why the obsession with selfies, social media and FOMO?
– How are parents unknowingly making life so much harder for them?
Overwhelmingly, these young girls – on the brink of womanhood – struggle to tell their parents how they feel. That’s why BEING 14 gives you the answers you are looking for. It’s your daughter, talking to you. And her hope, beyond anything, is that you will listen.