1. This is a competition to win the following:
1x hardback copy of 12 Hours to Say I Love You and 1x box of chocolates.
2. The winner will be selected from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: they have replied to the correct tweet on the @HeadlinePG Twitter feed answering the question ‘Tell us your favourite romance novel’
3. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. The competition opens at 11:00am on Wednesday 9th February 2022 and closes at 10 am on Friday 11th February 2022. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The winners may see their name posted on the Company’s (see below) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
6. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the company reserves the right to select another winner.
10. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
11. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the competition and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice (https://www.headline.co.uk/landing-page/privacy-notice-holder-headline/) It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the competition and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the competition. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the competition. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize(s).
12. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice (https://www.headline.co.uk/landing-page/privacy-notice-holder-headline/) to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
13. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies [but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group]. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notice(s) to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys.
14. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/landing-page/company-information-all/. By entering the competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. This competition is being organised by Hachette – Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
16. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws.